The Missing Method for Guitar, Note Reading Series, Book 1: The Open Position
Learn songs faster. Build confidence in your playing. Really know your fretboard. Take your playing to a whole new level!
This first book in The Missing Method™ for Guitar Note Reading Series can get you started learning the instrument or be used as a supplement to any guitar method book. It covers everything you’ll need to begin reading music, from learning notation to understanding different rhythms, to making sense of keys and accidentals.
Whether you are new to guitar or an experienced player, this first book of The Missing Method™ for Guitar Note Reading Series will give you everything you need to play confidently in the open position, exploring every note from the open strings all the way to the fourth fret. Unlike most method books, The Missing Method™ Note Reading Series makes sure you have experienced reading and playing in all 12 keys!
What you will learn in this book:
- The basic elements that will allow you to read guitar music
- How to read guitar music in the first position of the neck
- The difference between beat and rhythm
- Understanding and using accidentals (Sharps and Flats)
- Understanding keys
- Reading melodies in minor keys
- How to keep time and play with others!
- Technique Tips
- Practicing a variety of rhythms
- Clear explanations
- The opportunity to develop your skills with hundreds of practice songs!